Dr. Corey Martin is a Yale-trained family physician-driven to change the delivery of healthcare and improve the mental and physical health of our communities. Dr. Martin is also the founder of the Bounce Back Project. Driven to do this work by the loss of two colleagues and friends, Corey strives to create an environment of opportunity in which all of us can do the deep, heartfelt work of changing the way we show up and interact in each other's lives.
Since COVID-19, do you feel like you have lost your mojo? Do you find it difficult to connect with friends, family and colleagues? When you scroll through social media, do you wonder how people can really think that way? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, we are more alike than different AND if given the chance, we could once again have meaningful, connecting conversations that would fill our hearts and connect us in ways that we long for? These short talks are a powerful, experiential session based on the principles of the Center for Courage and Renewal that will help you understand how much power and control you have to make a meaningful difference in creating the connected life we all long for.
7 Pre-Recorded Modules:
- Burnout: Burnout is an epidemic that's resulting in educators reducing their jobs to part-time or leaving the profession altogether. In this talk, Dr. Corey Martin shares how common job burnout is among teachers and educators. You'll learn the consequences of burnout on your personal wellbeing, your institution, and your colleagues and students.
- Leadership: In this module, Dr. Corey Martin shows how the principles of everyday leadership can help build personal and organizational resilience. You'll discover how expressing gratitude and appreciation leads to less burnout and more meaning and joy in our lives and work.
- Resilience: In this module, Dr. Corey Martin discusses how scientists have discovered that practices such as random acts of kindness and gratitude practices can lead you to greater health and happiness. In this talk, you’ll see how you can create more joy in social relationships at home, work and in your communities.
- Gratitude: In this module you'll discover the power gratitude has to increase your wellbeing and joy.
- Mindset: In this module you'll discover your mindset matters. In fact, your mindset can have a significant impact on your health, happiness, and relationships. In this module, Dr. Martin show how your mindset can either limit you or help you.
- Relationships: In this module, Dr. Martin shares the importance of relationships and the detrimental effects loneliness has on our communities and our own mental and physical wellbeing. You’ll see that the quality of your relationships is the best predictor of your long-term health and happiness.
- Courage: In this module, Dr. Martin shares how courage plays a role in how much happiness you allow in your life. We hope that you all have enjoyed this series, and have found pieces that can be incorporated into your daily work and personal life.